What is Involved in a Sports Massage?
Sports Massage is a deep tissue massage therapy used to release muscular tension and restore the body’s soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments, myofascia) to normal function and fitness.
Techniques used consist of, frictioning, trigger point work, pnf stretching and myofascial release.
The massage is tailored to your needs and therefore the first appointment requires a 10-15min consultation before treatment begins.
Who can benefit from a Sports Massage?
Although sports massage can be used to treat soft tissue sporting injuries, it is not just for sports people. It is used treat people with everyday aches and pains, caused by stresses and strains of everyday life.
Sports Massage is used to Treat and/or Prevent:
- Soft tissue aches and pains from posture, work, medical conditions or sport
- General aches from Stress & Tension
- Sport Injuries
- Frozen Shoulder
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
Why Have a Sports Massage?
- Releases stress & tension held in the muscles
- Relieves pain and muscle spasms
- Aids the recovery of damaged soft tissue from injuries and reduces scar tissue
- Stimulates circulation & lymphatic flow
- Can prevent injury by increasing flexibility and muscle performance.
- Helps to improve muscle tone and length and posture and muscular imbalances
- For the feel good factor both mentally & physically